How your legacy can help
It has been said that a legacy is a ‘final gift to a friend’. If so, we need only look around our Cathedral to see examples across the centuries of many such friends who made a legacy gift to ensure that those who came after them were able to enjoy and be inspired by the Cathedral as they had themselves.
Legacies are important to the Cathedral in two ways:
- They enable us to plan ahead
- They give us the flexibility to respond to needs as they arise and direct funds accordingly
Since our needs change over the years, a gift in a Will which is given to support the Cathedral's general purposes are especially welcome, as they enable us to direct the funds to where they are most needed.
You may however, have a particular area of the Cathedral's life which you would like to support, such as:
- Maintaining the beauty of the building
- The Choir and our music tradition
- Our Education programme and community work
Whichever you decide, you can be confident that your gift will be used to make a real difference to Ely Cathedral.