Every year the Dean and Chapter invites choirs from all over the world to sing choral services at Ely Cathedral while the Cathedral Choirs are away on holiday or on tour.
Visiting choirs are required:
- to be of a high standard
- familiar with the liturgy of the Church of England
- experienced in singing the Cathedral repertoire
- to consist of twelve or more singers (sixteen if singing at Sunday Eucharist)
Please contact us to find out about dates currently available for visiting choirs. We encourage applications from choirs wishing to sing for one service or longer periods, but during July and August we generally offer invitations only to choirs offering a whole week's residency.
To make an application, please contact the department at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Some background details of your choir, including previous Cathedral visits
Always include the name of your choir and desired timeframe in the subject line of your email. Generic headings like "Visiting Choir" or "Singing at Ely" are confusing, as we deal with multiple enquiries, and may lead to a slower response.
If your choir has not visited Ely in the last five years we also require:
- A reference from another Cathedral or similar institution OR
- A recent recording of your choir taken live and including psalmody
Please note that the Music Department deals only with music for daily services, and not with hiring enquiries. These should be directed to Events Manager, Jocelyn Palmer, email@example.com