Volunteer at Ely Cathedral
Making a difference in the heart of Ely
Ely Cathedral offers a glimpse into centuries of English heritage alongside stunningly beautiful art and architecture. Commonly known as the 'Ship of the Fens', it can be seen from miles around. Our extraordinary volunteer community works hard to serve the city and surrounding area.
- To be involved in a local community.
- Because you love the beauty and awe of the building, its history and architecture.
- To enhance your CV and learn new skills.
- An opportunity to meet people and make new friends.
- To serve the Cathedral as an extension of your faith.
Who can volunteer?
To provide the best experience for those who visit the Cathedral, we welcome volunteers from all faiths, or none, and all backgrounds, encouraging everyone to work together for the good of the Cathedral.
We require our volunteers to be:
- Open minded and friendly.
- Approachable and confident at engaging with others.
- Positive, flexible in outlook and willing to help.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Sympathetic to the Cathedral’s core mission statement.
- Supportive of our policies and procedures.
- Willing to engage with Cathedral clergy, staff, fellow volunteers and the public with courtesy and respect.
We believe that diversity strengthens and enriches us, and are committed to Ely Cathedral playing our part in making the Church of England more diverse and more equal. To this end, we aim to diversify our volunteers and particularly welcome applications from anybody with a UK minority ethnic background, and from people with disabilities.
We're recruiting for several positions. Please see below a copy of the relevant role descriptions, application form and FAQs.
Shop Voluntary Role
We require people for specific shift patterns. Saturdays: 12.00-14.00. Sundays: 13.30-15.30Download
Welcome Team Voluntary Role
We are particularly looking for people who are available to cover shifts on Saturdays and SundaysDownload
We know choosing the right role is paramount to having a great experience. Click on the link to see a list of frequent questions we get asked.Download
- Email: email@example.com
- Post: The Chapter House, The College, Ely, Cambs, CB7 4DL
If you’d like to discuss any of the roles before applying, please contact our Volunteer Manager, Joseph Patkai on (01353 660 361), for an informal chat.