Volunteer at Ely Cathedral
Making a difference in the heart of Ely
Ely Cathedral is one of Britain’s best loved buildings. It stands tall overlooking the vast fenland landscape and can be seen from miles around. But behind this impressive Romanesque structure is a diverse community of volunteers working hard to serve the city and surrounding area.
- To be involved in a local community.
- Because you love the beauty and awe of the building, its history and architecture.
- To enhance your CV and learn new skills.
- An opportunity to meet people and make new friends.
- To serve the Cathedral as an extension of your faith.
What can you expect from us?
Our volunteers are an integral part of the Cathedral team, and we want everyone’s experience to be as enjoyable as possible. You can expect:
- A clear role description, outlining the nature of your work.
- Fair, respectful treatment, and recognition of your contribution.
- A full induction with training and ongoing support.
- The equipment needed to fulfil your role effectively.
- A discount in the Cathedral Shop and Almonry Restaurant.
- Access to a limited number of free tickets for Cathedral-run events.
We believe that diversity strengthens and enriches us, and are committed to Ely Cathedral playing our part in making the Church of England more diverse and more equal. To this end, we aim to diversify our volunteers and particularly welcome applications from anybody with a UK minority ethnic background, and from people with disabilities.
We are currently recruiting for several positions. Please see below a copy of the relevant role descriptions, application form and volunteer handbook.
Ely Cathedral Octagon Singers - Our adult voluntary choir
While we are particularly looking for tenor voices at the moment we welcome all applicationsDownload
Welcome Team Voluntary Role
We are particularly looking for people who are available to cover shifts on Saturdays and SundaysDownload
Shop Voluntary Role
We require people for specific shift patterns. Tuesdays: 10.00-12.00. Fridays: 10.00-12.00 & 12.00-14.00. Saturdays: 12.00-14.00 & 14.00-17.00. Sundays: 12.00-14.00 & 13.30-15.30Download
Junior Church Voluntary Role
If you are interested in the role, before completing an application form, please contact either June (Junior Church Co-Ordinator): firstname.lastname@example.org or Joseph Patkai (Volunteer Manager) to arrange an informal conversationDownload
- Email: email@example.com
- Post: The Chapter House, The College, Ely, Cambs, CB7 4DL
If you’d like to discuss any of the roles before applying, please contact our Volunteer Manager, Joseph Patkai on (01353 660 361), for an informal chat.