2 December 2023 - 30 December 2023
Join our knowledgeable guides and discover the history of the Monastic precinct at Ely Cathedral, one of the largest collections of medieval Monastic buildings still in use.
On this outdoor tour you will discover the history of the buildings and the stories they tell.
Adults will need a standard visitor ticket in order to purchase a Monastic Tour.
Days and Times: Saturdays at 2.15pm.
What's included: A one hour tour of the Monastic Buildings. Tickets also include a 10% discount for the ticket holder at the Almonry Restaurant on the day of purchase.
Tickets: £5 for adults and children aged 12 or over.
- The tour starts by the south door in the cathedral at 2.15pm. Please arrive 5 minutes early and bring your ticket on your mobile device or as a printed copy.
- The tour may include a visit to Prior Crauden’s Chapel. Please note this includes climbing 17 spiral, stone steps (with lighting but no handrail)
- The tour is suitable for 12 years and over
- The tour requires a reasonable level of mobility as it includes walking, standing and uneven surfaces
- Please come prepared for all weathers!
- Numbers are limited to 12 people per tour