Monastic Tour & Tea
13 August 2022 - 28 September 2022, 14:15
Join our knowledgeable guides and discover the history of the Monastic precinct at Ely Cathedral, one of the largest collections of medieval Monastic buildings still in use.
On this outdoor tour you will discover the history of the buildings and the stories they tell. The tour will finish with afternoon tea and cake at our medieval Almonry Restaurant.
Days and Times: Wednesday & Saturdays, 2.15pm.
What's included: A one hour and 15 minute tour of the Monastic Buildings, followed by tea and cake in the Almonry Restaurant. (Entry to the Cathedral is not included)
Tickets: £12 for adults and children aged 12 or over. (Tickets must be pre-booked online the day before your visit)
- The tour starts in the South Car park (South Door) at 2.15pm. Please bring your ticket on your mobile device or as a printed copy.
- Refreshments will be available at the Almonry Restaurant from 3.30pm
- The tour may include a visit to Prior Crauden’s Chapel. Please note this includes climbing 17 spiral, stone steps (with lighting but no handrail)
- The tour is suitable for 12 years and over
- The tour requires a reasonable level of mobility as it includes walking, standing and uneven surfaces
- Please come prepared for all weathers!
- For a preview of the Monastic buildings please download the Ely Cathedral App
- Numbers are limited to 12 people per tour