Monastic Tour & Tea
Join our knowledgeable guides and discover the history of the Monastic buildings at Ely Cathedral, which has one of the largest collections of Monastic buildings still in use.
On this outdoor tour you will discover the history of the buildings and the stories they tell. The tour will finish with afternoon tea and cake at our medieval Almonry Restaurant.
Days and Times: Wednesdays and Saturdays, 2.30pm
What's included: A one hour tour of the Monastic Buildings, followed by tea and cake in the Almonry Restaurant. (Entry to the Cathedral is not included)
Tickets: £12 for adults and children aged 12 or over. (Tickets must be pre-booked online the day before your visit)
- The tour starts in the South Car park (South Door) at 2.30pm. Please bring your ticket either on your mobile device or a printed copy. Our guide will be wearing a face mask.
- Refreshments will be available at the Almonry Restaurant from 3.30pm
- The tour is suitable for 12 years and over
- The tour is suitable for wheelchair users (please advise us on booking)
- Please come prepared for all weathers!
- For a preview of the Monastic buildings please download the Ely Cathedral App
- Numbers are limited to 8 people per tour