BE A CHORISTER FOR A DAY
10 October 2015 2.30pm - 6.30pm
Boys aged 6 to 9 (currently in years 2, 3 and 4) are warmly invited to meet Ely Cathedral's boy choristers, find out what they get up to, participate in a short service.
Parents of participants are welcome throughout the afternoon, but this is not a requirement. Parents may prefer to join in only from tea (served at 3.45pm), and they are especially encouraged to participate from 4.20pm.
Provisional Schedule for the afternoon
The programme for the afternoon, which will be led by the current Cathedral Choristers and various staff members, will include:
- 2.30pm - Participants arrive at The Old Palace (opposite the West end of The Cathedral). Registration and welcome.
- c.2.35pm - Workshop (1) for participants and all choristers led by Peter North (Singing tutor to the choristers).
- 3pm - Mock voice trial. 3.15 - Workshop (2) led by Paul Trepte (Director of Music).
- 3.45pm - Tea and cakes served outside the Recital Hall by some of our current chorister parents. Then all move to Choir House / Cathedral.
- 4.20pm - Tours of Choir House for parents, led by senior choristers.
- 4.20pm - Participants join the younger choristers to rehearse. This session will include an opportunity to try out the acoustics in various parts of the Cathedral and some work on simple music which will be incorporated into the short service.
- 5pm - Presentation to parents by Mr Porter-Thaw (Master of Choir House): "The life of a Chorister" and Q and A session in Choir House.
- 5.30pm - Evening service led by the choristers and participants.
- c.6pm - Service finishes. Participants move to The West end of the Cathedral for photos and presentations.
You may park in the main King's Ely Car Park (off Barton Square). Alternatively, there is a large public car park opposite King's Ely Junior. Cars may not be parked in the immediate vicinity of the Cathedral.
For detailed information or to register your interest, please telephone 01353 660732 or email gro/lardehtacyle//dafca/b
Choristers with Aled Jones Enlarge
Enjoying the snow Enlarge
Annual Pancake Race Enlarge
At the Christmas Fair Enlarge
Choristers with Gareth Malone Enlarge