BE A CHORISTER FOR A DAY
Ely Cathedral's first 'Be a chorister' day in 2015 will be on Saturday 7 March from 10am to 1.15pm approx.
Any young boys currently in the year 2, 3 and 4 age groups are most welcome to attend with their parents or guardians. Please note that there is no charge for this very special event, but we do need to know how many people to expect. Lunch is provided for everyone as part of the programme.
- 10am. Boys and parents arrive at King's Ely Junior School. Welcome and introduction.
- 10:15 - 11:45. Boys: "Meet the Junior Choristers". A morning of varied activities as organised by the school to include singing, art, design and play.
- 10:15 - 11:45. Adults: "Meet the Senior Choristers". Accompanying adults (but NB: no other children, please) will be invited to walk over to the Cathedral Song School to observe the senior choristers rehearsing with Paul Trepte (Cathedral Director of Music). There will then be an opportunity to ask questions about chorister life. The senior choristers, some current choir parents, some ex-choristers and the cathedral musicians will do their best to provide some answers!
- Midday. Lunch provided by the school in The Monastic Barn for participants and accompanying adults.
- c.12:45. All walk over to the cathedral. The choristers and their young guests will process from the West end of the cathedral to the choir stalls, briefly trying out the acoustics at certain points of interest along the way. Some of the participants will have a chance to try on chorister robes for this. The choristers will sing for ten minutes or so. Our young guests will have a chance to join the choristers for the singing of the final piece.
- 1:15 approx: Finish
You may park in the main King's Ely Car Park (off Barton Square).
Alternatively, there is a large public car park opposite King's Ely Junior.
Cars may not be parked in the immediate vicinity of the Cathedral.
Detailed information or to Register your Interest
Please telephone 01353 660732 or email gro/lardehtacyle//dafca/b
10 October 2015 2:30pm - 6:30pm
Boys aged 6 to 9 (currently in years 2, 3 and 4) are warmly invited to meet Ely Cathedral's boy choristers, find out what they get up to, and participate in a short service. Details will be announced later this year.
BACFAD Poster Enlarge
Choristers with Aled Jones Enlarge
Enjoying the snow Enlarge
Annual Pancake Race Enlarge
At the Christmas Fair Enlarge
Choristers with Gareth Malone Enlarge