All gifts to Ely Cathedral will help to secure the future of a very special place, its Ministry and its music or any part of these you may particularly choose to support.
A Gift In Your Will
- Ensures that what you have known or loved about the Cathedral can be handed on to future generations
- Is a cost free way of supporting one of Europe's most beautiful and awe inspiring buildings
- Is following the example of generous people over thirteen centuries
- Can help to ensure that no part of the Cathedral is ever again at risk of collapse
- Can be left for whichever aspect of the life of the Cathedral you feel most enthusiastic about (music, the building, the Education Fund
or as the Chapter determines)
- Can help reduce Inheritance Tax payable on your estate
- Is easily arranged with the help of a Solicitor
If you already have a will - The Cathedral can be incorporated in it by the
simple addition of a Codicil (wording can be provided).
How your gift could help
Legacy gifts can be designated for any of the following:
- To maintain the beauty of the building
- To support & enhance the music and worship
- To reach out to young people (The Education Fund)
given for the Cathedral's general purposes.
£500 might purchase vital music scores or buy key materials for work with young people
£5000 might pay the annual bill for steeplejacks
£50,000 might restore and beautify endangered stained glass windows
Whatever size the gift, it will be greatly appreciated and well used.
When a gift from a legacy of £200 and over is received the benefactors are remembered annually and recorded in the Legators' book in the
Chapel of Saint Etheldreda.
Please tell the Cathedral if you make a legacy promise (see response form ). If it is over £5000 you will be admitted as a member of the Order of St. Etheldreda. This brings free entry to the Cathedral, special social gatherings and priority tickets for popular events.
For further information please contact:
Ely Cathedral Trust
The Chapter House
Tel: 01353 667735